A lot of people are asking: How is this going to affect the election?
I think that it is difficult for a President to get a boost from handling a storm correctly. Now, blundering it might hurt them, but doing the baseline of whatever it is they are supposed to do probably won’t help them. I just don’t see people seeing the Federal government as their salvation. Also, most of the states affected are going to vote for Obama regardless.
I would like to point out: Romney was criticized for politicizing Libya. However, the media cheers when Obama politicizes a natural disaster!
For those who say: how dare you! The President is helping those in need! Okay… where was he when the entire state of Texas was burning? Where was he when Memphis was underwater? He didn’t seem to care. Was it because those states are “Red States?” Or does it have to be closer to an election for him to give a damn?
The President is doing nothing about this storm. If he was put in charge of the relief effort, this thing would be a mess like you would not believe. No, the head of FEMA and the Red Cross, and others are doing the relief efforts. All Obama has done is shown up for photo ops and to take up valuable time from people actually doing work so that he can get said photo ops. Meanwhile, when Americans were dying in Libya, he was no where to be found. He IS Commander in Chief! That is an actual duty of his. Where was he? Now they say that Obama didn’t order the stand down. Their story is so convoluted that it cannot be believed. So which option do you like?
1) Obama knew nothing and the state department blew it. Great, so a Commander and Chief that doesn’t know what’s going on?
2) Obama knew of the attack, but thought it was a protest. Wait, they said they knew it was a terrorist attack.
3) Obama knew of the attack but didn’t order help. So you have the balls to order a strike into an “ally” country to kill bin Laden but not to save our people?
4) Obama ordered the rescue effort, but the order was cancelled. This would be a lie unless Obama fires the person that gave that order. The fired person would immediately turn and rat Obama out, so he can’t do that.
5) Obama ordered the stand down. Not good, and he just lied and said that he didn’t order it.
Notice, there are no “win” positions for the man!
Long Live the Constitution!